The ACGS Library Reopening!
As Of – February 23rd, 2022 We Are Open!
Wednesdays and Saturdays 10am – 2pm
So that everyone, volunteer staff, and patrons, are aware of what the state is recommending and what ACGS will be implementing for our reopening, we have spelled it all out below into three categories: Library Volunteer Protections, Library Process Adaptations, and Patron Protections.
The wearing of face-coverings or masks is now OPTIONAL for All Library Staff / Volunteers / Members and Visitors.
Library Volunteer Protections: To protect our volunteers while on duty the following guidelines supplied by the state of New Hampshire and the CDC, will apply.
- All staff will have the option to wear a cloth face covering or a face shield that covers over their nose and mouth, when at work in the library.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made readily available for both staff and patrons at entrances and exits to the library, in staff breakrooms, and other commonly used staff areas.
- ACGS will provide regular updates and training for volunteers about personal COVID-19 mitigation and library safeguards based upon CDC guidelines.
- ACGS will require all employees to report any symptoms of COVID-19 or close contact with a person with COVID-19 to the supervisor.
- Volunteers must be screened (questioned about) for symptoms of COVID-19 before each shift. Volunteers with any symptoms must not be allowed to work.
- Volunteers should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others (staff and customers) as much as possible. Prohibit congregating in break rooms or common areas, and limit capacity of such areas to allow for a safe social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible.
Library Process Adaptations:
- ACGS will establish enhanced cleaning protocols that follow CDC guidance relating to cleaning and disinfection for COVID-19. This includes cleaning and disinfecting shared resources and frequently touched surfaces at the end of every shift, to include all tables, all computer stations, all chairs, all counters, all door handles, and all kitchen surfaces.
- Library staff that comes in and uses the office cubical areas will wipe down with disinfecting spray any surfaces that have been touched before they leave.
- ACGS will appoint a task management-level volunteer within the library (i.e. a safety officer) to monitor compliance.
- Access to the library will be on Wednesdays and Saturdays 10:00 am- 2:00 pm.
- If you are sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home.
- Arrive at the library with your mask on if you desire, (optional) and knock on the door to be let in.
- If more than one person has arrived at the same time, please maintain the minimum social distancing of 6 feet while waiting in the hallway before entering the library.
- There is to be only one person in a book aisle at a time as there is not enough space to accommodate more than that in our new space and maintain 6 feet of space.
- All Patrons will apply hand sanitizer provided by the library upon entering the library.
- ACGS reserves the right to ask a patron to follow these guidelines for the safety of all in the library, up to and including asking a patron to leave the library if he/she is not following said guidelines.
We look forward to seeing everyone again at the library. If you have any concerns or questions, please give us a call at the library and we will get back to you as soon as we can.