The ACGS Library Reopening!
We have successfully moved from our old location and are set up and ready to go at our new location at 1 Sundial Avenue, Suite 317N, Manchester, New Hampshire. The Governor of New Hampshire has given the green light to libraries across the state to reopen with guidelines to help keep both volunteer staff and patrons as safe as possible from COVID-19.
We plan on starting slowly to allow our volunteer staff time to get used to the new guidelines and expectations as well as for our patrons to feel comfortable in our library.
As Of – May 12th, 2021 We Are Open!
So that everyone, volunteer staff, and patrons, are aware of what the state is recommending and what ACGS will be implementing for our reopening, we have spelled it all out below into three categories: Library Volunteer Protections, Library Process Adaptations, and Patron Protections.
All Library Staff / Volunteers MUST always wear a face-covering either a Face Shield or a cloth/surgical Mask while the library is open to the public.
Everyone, Member or Non-Member, entering the library MUST always wear a face covering, either a Face Shield or a cloth/surgical Mask.
If during your time at the library, either patron or staff, you feel that you need to take some breaths without the face-covering on please go out into the hallway or use the breakroom in the back as long as there is no one else in that space at that time.
If we all do our part, volunteers, and patrons, we will be able to stay open and do what we all love – genealogy research!
Library Volunteer Protections: To protect our volunteers while on duty the following guidelines supplied by the state of New Hampshire and the CDC, will apply.
- All staff must wear a cloth face covering or a face shield that covers over their nose and mouth, at all times when at work in the library and in public locations or shared staff areas (e.g. breakrooms) when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
- People wearing face coverings must not touch their eyes, nose, mouth, or face, or adjust their facemask without first sanitizing hands. After touching the face or adjusting the mask, hands must be sanitized.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be made readily available for both staff and consumers at entrances and exits to the library, in staff breakrooms, and other commonly used staff areas.
- Stagger shifts, breaks, and meals, to maintain social distancing.
- ACGS will provide regular updates and training for volunteers about personal COVID-19 mitigation and library safeguards based upon CDC guidelines.
- ACGS will require all employees to report any symptoms of COVID-19 or close contact with a person with COVID-19 to the supervisor.
- Volunteers must be screened (questioned about) for symptoms of COVID-19 before each shift. Volunteers with any symptoms must not be allowed to work.
- Volunteers should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others (staff and customers) at all times. Prohibit congregating in break rooms or common areas, and limit capacity of such areas to allow for a safe social distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible.
Library Process Adaptations:
- ACGS will establish enhanced cleaning protocols that follow CDC guidance relating to cleaning and disinfection for COVID-19. This includes cleaning and disinfecting shared resources and frequently touched surfaces every two hours to include all tables, all computer stations, all chairs, all counters, all door handles, and all kitchen surfaces. Check-out counters will be wiped down and cleaned between each customer.
- All books that have been used by anyone will be quarantined in the library Return Book Cart for 24 hours before the librarians will put the books back on the shelves.
- Adjust library hours to allow time for enhanced cleaning. ACGS will be open for one day a week starting May 12th, 2021, and will expand on this schedule as deemed safe for all.
- Library staff that comes in and uses the office cubical areas will wipe down with disinfecting spray any surfaces that have been touched before they leave.
- ACGS will suspend offerings of food, water, and coffee. If you wish to bring in any of these items, they must be consumed in the kitchen area.
- ACGS will appoint a task management-level volunteer within the library (i.e. a safety officer) to monitor compliance.
Patrons Protections: – ACGS will need to limit the number of people in the library to comply with the 50% occupancy guideline, which equals 8 spaces available for each shift.
- Access to the library will be on Wednesdays 9:00 am-6:00 pm and the library will remain open until 7 p.m. Additional days will be added as needed and deemed safe.
- Arrive at the library with your Mask On and knock on the door to be let in.
- If more than one person has arrived at the same time, please maintain the minimum social distancing of 6 feet while waiting in the hallway before entering the library.
- There is to be only one person in a book aisle at a time as there is not enough space to accommodate more than that in our new space and maintain 6 feet of space.
- All Patrons will apply hand sanitizer provided by the library upon entering the library.
- Read and sign the compliance form to confirm you are not sick and you have not been exposed to someone that has been sick.
- This form will have a place for your Member ID#, and telephone number, this will take the place of the old sign-in log that was used at the previous location.
- Book Return – When you have finished using any reference materials at the library, we ask that you put these materials into the designated Return Book Cart and not back on the shelf.
- The materials will remain in this cart for 24 hours of quarantine before the librarian will clean the covers and return the books to the shelves.
- ACGS reserves the right to ask a patron to follow these guidelines for the safety of all in the library, up to and including asking a patron to leave the library if he/she is not following said guidelines.
We look forward to seeing everyone again at the library. If you have any concerns or questions, please give us a call at the library and we will get back to you as soon as we can.