Planning a trip to ACGS for research purposes?
Here’s how to get the most out of your visit to our library.
- Research is more effective if you focus on an individual or couple that you are interested in tracing and limit your research to that individual or couple. With our vast resources, it’s easy to lose sight of your original goal.
- Bring any and all information that you have including oral history; Aunt Eveline is not a source but the information could be useful…or not. Documents such as birth, marriage and death certificates, military records, obituaries, etc. can be a great starting point.
- Be prepared to spend several hours if at all possible to get the most out of your trip; most searches run into a stumbling block along the way.
- It is always helpful to call the library in advance of your trip so that we will have a research assistant available to help you; this is particularly important if you are coming from a distance, you are just starting out on your genealogy journey or have a particularly difficult research problem.
- When you arrive to the library you will sign in with the front desk. There is a daily guest fee of $10.00 if you are not a member.
- As a courtesy to our guests, we have a lunch room with snacks and drinks available for purchase and you can bring your own lunch.