Our family tree – The Tree of Life – has been a major source of encouragement for providing our members an opportunity to say ‘thank you’ to our ancestors who planted the seeds from which we grew.
Be a Part of the Excitement!
French Canadians and Acadians of New England have a unique signature in the genealogical world. The close proximity to our ancestral home brings us closer to our roots than most other foreign ethnic groups of this region of the United States.
- Within a day’s drive we can walk the land and speak the language of our ancestors.
- Through the act of genealogical research many of us have re-connected some of the ties that were broken when our ancestors left their native lands of Quebec, Nova Scotia [Acadie], and Ontario, seeking a better life for future generations by immigrating to the United States.
Now we have an opportunity to pay homage to these tenacious, hardworking ancestors. You can be a part of the excitement too! It is your help, your participation in the growth of ACGS that motivates your officers and committee chairs to take bold steps to bring you the tools to make those connections to the past and provide the links for future generations.
Your Gift Is Forever
Your gift truly makes a difference! As the Tree of Life grows, funds are provided to guarantee the future of our equipment, our collections and the Computer Support Fund which keeps our website updated and running smoothly. Your gift is enhanced by:
- An effective administration
- A strong Board of Directors
- Forty-five years of dedicated, all-volunteer staff that runs the Society and the Library.
All donations will receive an acknowledgement of your great contribution and a statement of tax deductibility for your tax records. It is a win/win situation in which you may participate.
Guidelines for Giving
The Tree of Life has been installed to honor the lives of all our ancestors. These were lives full of pioneering adventure, discovery, bravery, or not in the least, and of procreation and nurturing of new life in a new land.
- Tablets at the base of the Tree are engraved to recognize gifts of $2,500 or more.
- Gold-tone leaves on the tree are engraved to recognize gifts of $1,000 to $2,499.
- Silver-tone leaves are engraved to recognize gifts of $500 to $999.
Every gift of every size is cherished and recognized by the Society. Please click the donate button at the top of the page or mail your contributions to:
American-Canadian Genealogical Society
4 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03108-6478
For more information email us at email@example.com or phone (603) 622-1554.