Become a Member
ACGS members receive many benefits which include:
- Free access to one of the largest French-Canadian Research Libraries in the United States
- Individual assistance and training in utilizing the facilities of our Research Library
- Discounted use of our Research Department facilities
- Free publication of three single event queries in the American-Canadian Genealogist
- Invitation to attend the semi-annual conferences and the annual business meeting and to vote for the officers and directors of your Society; and free participation at Spring Workshops
- Free subscription to the Society’s journal, American-Canadian Genealogist
ACGS participates in many activities including:
- exhibits at local and regional Franco-American activities and conferences; and
- extraction and publication of data from local area parishes, including marriage, birth and death records
- Individual Member – $35.00(US) per year, American residents; $40.00(US) per year, Canadian residents.
- Family Member – $45 (US) includes one additional member in the same household. Only one journal per household mailed.
- Student Member- All elementary, high school or full time college students under the age of 22 – 50% of Individual Member dues.
- Lifetime Member – fifteen times the yearly Individual Member dues – $535.00(US) for American residents, $600.00(US) for Canadian residents. This may be paid in installments over a one-year period. Arrangements must be made with the Treasurer to assure proper accounting.
- Life-Associate Member – Spouse of Lifetime Member only, 50% of Lifetime Member dues. Same installment arrangements apply as long as both are applying.
- Overseas Member – $50.00(US) per year
- Institutions – $50.00(US) per year
For any membership-related inquiries, please contact Membership@acgs.org